Work with Speckel
Growing, so we are! Speckel is a super busy sustainable design/building physics start-up, with clients ranging from federal to local government, architects to engineers, sub-contractors to contractors.
We are passionate about sustainable design and believe that focusing on the building fabric first leads to better outcomes than relying on energy saving technology, or renewable energy generation, which can be comparatively more expensive, can have a high embodied energy and may or may not be used efficiently by the consumer. Although….this is changing!
If you are an experienced software developer, love design and construction, and want to help grow a thriving start-up, this opportunity may be the change you are looking for.
- Ideally, a degree-qualified professional with at least 4 years professional experience working in a high-quality software development role.
- Experience developing in VueJS and Vuex including test automation.
- Experience developing with Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be highly regarded, in particular with – EC2, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, and ECR.
- You have a collaborative mindset and willing to broaden your knowledge in the construction industry.
Your role will involve:
- Meet deadlines assigned by management for projects within the business.
- Ability to multi-task and time-manage, with strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Keep up to date with information required to perform your duties.
- Have working knowledge of our projects.
- Recommend and improve the performance of existing projects.
- Research and apply the latest security best-practices.
- Ensure adequate test coverage for projects.
- Employ source control and issue tracking tools as appropriate.
- Create technical documentation for legacy and new projects.
Get in touch if this sounds like a role you can sink your teeth into.